Curtis Brown Creative is hiring a full-time Team Assistant. Could it be you?
We are looking for a smart newcomer to join our small team, which provides high-quality creative writing courses to aspiring novelists, online and in London.
The role offers the opportunity to assist in the running and marketing of all our creative-writing courses with key focus on our online courses.
This full-time position would suit someone who has already spent at least six months working or interning in one or more of the following areas:
- Online content provision – creative arts/books
- Digital marketing/promotion/SEO
- Social media
- Print/broadcast journalism
- Adult education (creative arts/media)
We’re looking for someone innovative and energetic, with excellent writing and administrative skills – and ideally with experience and interest in digital marketing/promotion/content provision. You’ll be a confident, clear and sensitive communicator, a creative thinker with some commercial nous, and an avid reader. You should be competent in Excel and Powerpoint, and adept with social media. Some experience with filming and editing video would be advantageous.
You’ll be based in Curtis Brown’s central London offices as part of a team of three permanent staff, and will be working with Curtis Brown Creative’s tutors (all published authors), students, the Curtis Brown and C+W book agents and some of their clients, and – via social media and online – the wider world of writers.
Salary (at a rate to be agreed) will be payable in arrears on the last working day of each month, directly into your bank account. Basic hours are 9.30am to 6.00pm (with an hour for lunch), though you will sometimes be expected to work late to provide support for classes taking place in our offices in the evenings.
You must be either a British citizen or already have the right to work here (you will be asked to provide original documentation as evidence of this). Unfortunately, Curtis Brown Creative is unable to help with work permits, finding accommodation or travel costs.
We are keen to promote diversity in our recruitment, and welcome all applications from people with interesting ideas, skills and experience.
To download the full job description, please click on the link below.
To apply, please send:
- Your CV
- A covering letter (please include details of the dates you are available to start), addressed to Anna Davis and Jack Hadley
- A sample blog post, written by you, suitable for the Curtis Brown Creative blog. We suggest you choose a topic of interest to aspiring novelists who might be considering applying to one of our courses (Hint: our blog posts which offer writing tips/advice all come from our tutors, agents and published authors – don’t be tempted to write a blog post which gives writing advice yourself unless you have an appropriate level of experience).
We would like these materials as Word or PDF documents attached to an email. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org AND ENSURE YOU PUT ‘CBC ASSISTANT APPLICATION’ in the subject line of your email.
This role closes for applications at 12 noon on Monday 26th February
Interviews will be held in the same week or early in the week of Monday 1st March
Start date: Immediate (depending on notice)