Writing Your Novel (London)
Our flagship course has been created to help you hone your novel and empower you to pitch it to agents, no matter what stage of writing or editing you are currently at. Choose to study on a three or six month course.
Writing an Original TV Drama Serial
Our London-based TV screenwriting course comprises lively masterclasses, workshops and one-to-one tutorials from top screenwriters, showrunners, producers, directors and Curtis Brown TV agents.
What do these courses give you?
- Live teaching sessions in London: Your expert tutor will teach on a variety of writing topics in dynamic in-person evening sessions held in the Curtis Brown London offices.
- A community of writers: Our selective applications process means that you will be writing your novel in a peer group of 15 students working at a high level. Many of our former students have found their trusted readers with us – and form strong working friendships with classmates which go on long after the course is over.
- Writing workshops, 1-to-1 tutorials, and industry masterclasses: Across the course, you'll get dedicated feedback during workshops and one-to-one tutorials. Plus, special sessions with leading agents, authors, and publishers or screenwriters, showrunners, directors and producers will discuss writing, editing, and the submissions process.
Submitting to agents
- Pitching & agent advice: We’ll draw on our expertise to give you the vital ingredients needed for a great synopsis or and the all-important pitch letter.
- End of course submission: All students on our London courses will be invited to submit the 3,000-word opening from their novel (or the opening of their pilot TV script) to be shared with the agent teams at Curtis Brown and C&W as well as a select group of agents from other UK-based agencies.
End of course celebration
- To mark the course coming to a close, you will be invited to attend a special celebration. Which will give you a chance to mingle informally with your fellow students, the CBC team and agents from Curtis Brown and C&W.
- Once you have finished your course you’ll be given access to a range of exclusive writing services, available only to the alumni of our selective courses, which you’ll be able to access after your course finishes. These services include individual mentoring, editorial reports on your completed novel, and submission reports on your ‘pitch package’. Read more about the opportunities available to our alumni here.