Creative Writing for Beginners
Anna Davis helps you tap into your imagination and personal experience, explore your Writer’s World and start writing with confidence. 4 weeks.
Character Development – The Deep Dive
Create characters that will live on in your reader’s mind long after they’ve closed the book, with Anna Davis. 4 weeks.
Dialogue – The Deep Dive
Bestselling author Laura Barnett shows you how to supercharge your dialogue as a powerful means to bring story and characters to life. 4 weeks.
Plot & Story – The Deep Dive
Laura Barnett offers tried-and-tested methods of plotting your new writing projects and road-testing your stories. 4 weeks.
Showing & Telling – The Deep Dive
We all know the creative writing rule of ‘show don’t tell’ – but almost every great novel uses showing and telling to conjure its magic! Learn to use both with much-loved author Anna Freeman. 4 weeks.
WHAT DOES EACH COURSE GIVE YOU?
- Video modules: Work through four modules comprising teaching videos and substantial notes by the course tutor.
- Writing tasks: Weekly writing tasks to help you explore and understand the teaching topics and progress your novel.
- Resources & notes: You’ll get access to extensive teaching materials, including writing prompts and a list of recommended reading.
- Professional feedback: An expert CBC editor will give brief written feedback on several of the students' practical assignments every week, with all students receiving feedback on one of their writing tasks. Students are also given the option to purchase additional end-of-course feedback from our expert editors.
- Student forum: Find your writing community on our private student forums. Upload your completed writing tasks, give and receive peer-to-peer feedback, and discuss the week’s topics with your fellow students and the CBC team.