WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit our Website we may ask you to provide or otherwise collect the following information about you and your interests (“Personal Data”):
Personal Data Category and Personal Data
- “Contact Information” - Depending on the page of the Website you visit, we may ask you to provide details of your name, telephone number, address, email address.
- “Submissions Information” - Draft manuscripts, scripts, other creative material submitted via the Website (or other means) for us to review.
- profession, manuscript synopsis, whether or not previously published.
- “Employment Information” - Job title, prior experience, references, CV and or other information relating to your personal professional employment history.
- “Financial Information” - Bank details, payment details, transaction history and associated information required to complete financial transactions at your request, such as to buy tickets to events.
- “Interests Information” - Personal interests, preferences, feedback and survey response(s).
- “Technical Information” - Details of specific content and or pages you visit on our Website (including duration of visits), technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, device(s) you use to access our Website, your geographical location, and other Group Company mailing lists you subscribe to.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We receive information including Personal Data about you in three ways: (i) you may provide us information; (ii) we may collect information about you in the course of your visiting our Website; and (iii) third parties may provide us information about you where you have given them consent to do so.
WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Information you give us.
This is information about you, including under any or all of the above Personal Data Categories, that you give us by filling in forms on the Website or by entering competitions, promotions or completing surveys or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- Where you submit Contact Information and have subscribed to a mailing list to receive a newsletter, updates or other information about our clients/Group Company businesses;
- Where you submit Employment Information in order to apply for a position with us and for us to review your application;
- Where you submit Submissions Information in order for us to review a draft manuscript or other materials at our invitation;
- Where you submit Financial Information to purchase tickets for events or other products and services we or a Group Company or a third party provides;
- Where you submit Contact Information and have entered a competition or other marketing initiative which requires such information in order the initiative to be operated.
Where you provide us with Contact Information, Submissions Information and/or Interests Information, you confirm your consent to us sharing such Personal Data with other Group Companies for the purposes of Group Companies being able to contact you in relation to services/activities that we think you may be interested in based on your usage of our Website. If you wish to be removed from any Group Company mailing list that is used for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com.
Information we collect about you.
If you use our Website we understand that to mean that you consent to our use and placement of cookies for the purposes of collecting and processing Financial Information, Interests Information and Technical Information in the manner described below:
Cookies: Cookie purpose and how long your data is stored
- Cookie purpose: We use this analytics tool to monitor website traffic and which adverts you click on.
- How long is it stored: 2 years
- Cookie purpose: Our website contains a cookie like piece of code from Facebook. This is so that we can show you adverts we think you will be interested in when you are using Facebook based on the information you see on our Website.
- How long is it stored: 30 days
- Cookie purpose: Purpose of cookie is to keep you logged in whilst you complete your transaction.
- How long is it stored: During the transaction
- Cookie purpose: Our website contains a cookie like piece of code from Twitter. This is so that we can show you adverts we think you will be interested in when you are using Twitter based on the information you see on our Website.
- How long is it stored: 30 days
Information we receive from third parties.
We may also receive and process Contact Information, Interest Information and Technical Information about you from other organisations/individuals such as book publishers, our clients, ticketing agents and theatres where you have made purchases or otherwise expressed an interest in the activities of our clients/our events/our products and have either consented to such transfer or we otherwise receive such Personal Data in order to fulfil an order/request.
We may receive information and Personal Data from (i) Facebook from time to time in relation to the operation of the Facebook Pixel service described above, and/or from (ii) Twitter from time to time in relation to the operation of the Twitter Pixel service so we can show you relevant adverts for products or services offered by other Group Companies.
WHEN IS PERSONAL DATA SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share Personal Data about you with the following service providers who we engage to process such Personal Data for the purposes described herein.
Type of third party service provider Name(s) of service provider
- Advertising Providers: Facebook; Google; Twitter
- Website Performance Service Providers: Google Analytics; Amazon
- Ticket Sale and Financial Platform Providers: Systemix; Stripe; Swell; Tally
- Data Storage Providers: Dropbox
- Mailing List Providers: Mail Chimp, Klaviyo
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area including but not limited to the USA. By submitting your Personal Data to us you agree to this transfer, storage or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary and available to us to safeguard and ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
We may also share Personal Data about you if we are required to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our legal rights (or those of our clients).
We try to be as open as we reasonably can about the Personal Data that we process. If you would like specific information, just ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have legal rights (i) to make a “subject access request” to access your Personal Data; (ii) to request and be given your Personal Data in machine readable format for the purposes of your passing such data to third parties; (iii) to request rectification or removal of your Personal Data; and (iv) to object to processing of your Personal Data and/or to have its processing restricted. You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing messages at any time. If you would like to use any of these rights, or otherwise have any questions about how we handle data, please contact us at email@example.com, with details of your request. In the case of subject access requests please ensure that you add “subject access request” into the subject line of your email.
In relation to subject access requests, we will respond as soon as possible but no longer than one month after such request is received. We will not usually charge you an administration fee in relation to any such subject access request unless we feel that the request is unusually onerous or complex.
We will store and process your Personal Data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to perform the services/activities we are undertaking and to comply with our legal obligations.
Please note that our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
As you probably know, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data once transferred to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have complaints relating to our processing of your Personal Data, you should contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also raise complaints with the Information Commissioner who is the statutory regulator.