You can request a report at any time and we will respond to your application within seven working days. To request a report all you need is a complete draft of your novel or memoir.
All of our reports are written by members of our editorial team, which comprises established authors with significant teaching and editorial experience and respected publishing professionals.
FULL MANUSCRIPT REPORT
An expert editor will read your manuscript in full and give detailed feedback on your work, including in-depth advice on how to address any problem areas.
Your report will comprise at least 1,500 words and cover structural issues, such as plotting, characterisation, narrative perspective, writing style, voice and pace. Drawing on their experience of writing and/or editing novels, your reader will explain what’s working well in your manuscript and what could be improved to take your work to the next level. Our editors won’t take up valuable space in the report summarising your book and the plot; they will instead focus on specific areas to develop and hone as well as highlighting particular strengths in your work, giving you a clear direction and the confidence to move forward with your edits.
Make sure your pitch package is in the best possible shape before you send it out to agents.
This 1,000-word report will provide detailed feedback on your pitch letter, one-page synopsis and 3,000-word opening. You’ll get approximately 500 words of feedback on the letter and synopsis and 500 words on the opening. Your editor will approach your submission package from an industry perspective, providing practical tips and publishing insights to help you tighten your letter and synopsis as well as giving critical comment on your writing to ensure you have a powerful opening that really draws the reader in. The report will focus on helping you to sharpen and polish your submission package, bringing you one step closer to gaining representation.
- Full manuscript report: £750 for a manuscript of up to 95,000 words. (For longer manuscripts, an extra charge of £35 is payable per 5,000 words.)
- Submission report: £300
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
READY TO REQUEST YOUR REPORT?
To request a full manuscript report or submission report please fill in our application form. We ask that you send us the first 3,000 words of the novel or memoir you’d like a report on, and a synopsis of no more than a page (both need to be in the same document, as you can only upload ONE file in the application below). The form also asks you to let us know little more about your work-in-progress and if you have any specific concerns that you’d like your editor to address. Your application will help us select the right editor for your novel or memoir from our experienced team of pros.
- We will respond to your request for a manuscript report/submission report within seven working days and let you know which of our expert editors is right for your project.
- We consider it important that each applicant can be matched with an editor who has the right experience and expertise to be able to provide a useful report. If we do not have an editor who we think can be helpful to you, we will respond within seven days of your application to say that we are not able to provide a report for you.
- You will receive your report within four weeks of confirmation. Your report will be confirmed after you’ve agreed to our choice of editor and we have received your fee payment.